Tuesday, May 3, 2011

MAKE IT AND MAIL IT #2

The themes for the month of May on the Hero Arts blog include flowers.  Here is a card I made using the Hero Arts hydrangea stamp, which I will be sending to a friend:


For the background layer, the hydrangea was heat embossed with silver powder on a cream cardstock.  Then I overstamped with the Old Letter writing using Ranger distress ink (bundled sage).  Some lace and aqua ribbon was tied around the bottom.  

I embossed the hydrangea again in silver, colored with distress inks by smooshing the pads on a craft sheet and using a water pen to pick up the colors (tumbled glass and bundled sage).  Cut out the image and popped it up off the card, along with a K & Company butterfly, which was the perfect color.
After distressing the edges with the tumbled glass pad, I popped the whole piece up from the folded card. 

"Sending Caring Thoughts" was silver embossed on the inside, along with a portion of the hydrangea in the lower right corner. 

I will be entering this in the Hero Arts May challenge and also in Lisa Spangler's Make It and Mail It #2.

Thanks for looking. 

9 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

I thought I left a message for you, but I must have clicked out when I enlarged your card to look at details. What I said was, "It's breathtaking!" It's really a beautiful card, and you've used that hydrangea stamp in a totally different way with that background stamping. Wonderful card, Joy.

Lin said...

Oh, I love these colors, and that lace and ribbon are the perfect finishing touches! You've got mail :)

sideoats + scribbles said...

Wow wow wow wow! I bet the silver is even more beautiful in real life! Just wow. So sweet and pretty!

Thanks so much for playing in the Make-It and Mail-It challenge! :)

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Joy,
the card is just lovely!!!Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Marie

Julie said...

I love the aqua and silver together! Very pretty.

susanne said...

This is gorgeous! The aqua and silver are amazing together ... everything about this is beautiful! That is so kind of you to ask about me Joy. Thank you. I feel better and have more energy every day. I don't think I've every rested and slept so much in my life! :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow! So pretty and love how soft and luxurious the colors are, your recipient will adore this, Joy!

walchowDesign said...

Lovely card with the silver embossing and the pretty colours too! Lucky recipient!

Judy1223 said...

Joy, I think this is the first time I've seen that hydrangea stamp embossed in silver and I LOVE it! Gorgeous card...I'm sure the recipient will adore it!