Wednesday, November 26, 2014

more merriment. . . .

with this cute stamp set from Wplus9.  The string of lights look so much like the old fashioned ones we used years ago.  My dad loved blue lights (must be where I got my love of blue) and would patiently take all of the other colors out of the multi-colored strings and add nothing but blue bulbs.  His trees were always beautiful works of art!!


I colored the lights with Tombow markers and added wink of Stella to them.  The Wplus9 Merry die was cut from DCWV glitter paper and adhered to the vellum strip.  A few tiny gems were sprinkled about for some interest. 


I am sending this card to Simon Says Stamp:  ANYTHING GOES.

Thanks for visiting and, to all of my USA friends, Happy Thanksgiving!


11 comments:

Ellibelle said...

A wonderful card Joy, I love the colorful lights!

Judy1223 said...

Joy, what a festive card and cute story! We had the big lights like these, too, when I was a kid! brings back such fond memories! Best wishes for a very Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Sarah G said...

I love these retro lights, Joy! Such a lovely Christmas card - the die cut sentiment looks great on the vellum :)

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Joy.

Carol McCready said...

Such a fun card. Love those colors.

walchowDesign said...

Fun festive card with all the colourful lights, Joy!

Greta said...

Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving, Joy! Your card is absolutely delightful!

Cat Craig said...

Love your card, I may have to get that stamp set out again!

Deepti said...

Sweet and happy card :) lovely lights

susanne said...

Happy Thanksgiving Joy :) I love your card so much and yes these were the Christmas lights that we always used (call vintage now haha) We always used multi coloured lights but my very favourite was a house or tree done up with all blue lights. Beautiful card Joy! sending you warm wishes, Susanne

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Joy. I love the strings of lights, so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx