Thursday, April 2, 2015

orange. . . .

is not a color I use very often.  I don't buy orange clothing or decorate my home with it.  But, I do enjoy orange flowers:


Tim's  flower garden stamps are gorgeous.  I used my go to for coloring again, Prismacolor pencils.  The stitched squares are from MFT.  I added a bit of interest behind the flowers by sponging spiced marmalade distress inks through Simon Says Stamp's tiny dot stencil and then added some gold Stickles here and there.  The happy die is from MFT and the birthday sentiment is Hero Arts.

Challenges:

Simon Says Stamp:  birthday.
Seize the Birthday:  anything goes.


Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

15 comments:

Lin said...

Oh, I need those Tim flowers! So pretty, Joy! Love your orange posies!

Virginia L. said...

Fabulous coloring, Joy! I love my Prisma color pencils and do not use them enough (LOL)! I love orange color ,too! It's my new favorite colors about 3 years now....(smile). Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Happy Birthday” Challenge! Wish you and family a Happy Easter!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful colouring Joy. Lovely card.

Mrs A. said...

Such pretty colouring and gorgeous shades of orange. Happy Easter to you. Hugs Mrs A.

Jacee said...

Wonderful card Joy, so very pretty, I love the colour
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Carol McCready said...

Your card is gorgeous. I think I'm going to have to purchase that stamp set.

Cat Craig said...

fab coloring Joy, I love orange so happy and bright

shirley-bee said...

Pretty card, Joy! I like the dot stencilled background, ties in nicely. Thanks for playing at Seize The Birthday :)

walchowDesign said...

Pretty card and great colouring. Love the bg stencilled.

Orange is the national colour in The Netherlands. When it's King's Day, you will see orange everywhere. Majority will wear orange!

Inkyfingers said...

The orange makes for a sunny and cheery card Joy and the flower is beautiful.
Hope you had a good Easter Day.

Greta said...

Orange is probably my least favorite color, but wowzer--you used it & made a gorgeous card, Joy!

Robin K. said...

I lean more towards coral when it comes to clothing but like you Joy I loooooove orange flowers!!! You are really doing wonderful cards with Tim's flowers- this is another stunner!!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I love anything orange! Your card is fabulous, Joy! So cheerful! Have a great weekend!

Becca Cruger said...

Gorgeous gorgeous and more gorgeous. Orange is definitely your color! I love the way you added the gold enamel dots for a bit of sparkle and dimension. Bravo!

alexandra s.m. said...

Another BEAUTY ;)