Monday, August 4, 2014

a color challenge. . . .

from the challenge blog Less is More:



My card includes most of the colors they are asking for:



A couple of weeks ago, I won this SSS Big Hello die on Kathy Racoosin's blog.  I used Derwent Inktense pencils to create the watercolor background from which it was cut.  The Mama Elephant femme frames dies were out of stock for a LONG time; but I was finally able to order them and have used the scalloped frame here.  The sentiment is from SSS, too.  I have a bag of miscellaneous sequins from years ago and found these flat sequins in it.  I added tiny dots of platinum Stickles to the centers of them.

Also sending this over to SSS Wednesday challenge where anything goes.

Thanks for visiting my blog!  I appreciate your kind comments and the time you take to make them.  :*)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joy!! I love your hello. The colors are so pretty! I have to take out my derwent pencils. Nicely done.

Linda J said...

Lovely card! I just got Derwert pencils, thanks for inspiration for their use.

Virginia L. said...

Well done on using your new goodies, Joy! I love the watercolor on the word die and your framing is lovely with the new ME die! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Sid said...

Lovely colours and bold design !!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What a fabulous card Joy. I love the intense pencils too so loving how you've created that background.
Great use of the colours.
Thanks for joining the fun
Sarah
Less is More

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Joy. The soft greens and blues are delightful

Cat Craig said...

So pretty Joy, love the watercolor die.

Greta said...

Love that die & love how you watercolored it! Great card, Joy!

Robin K. said...

Love the watercolored hello!

Chrissie said...

This is super Joy!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Fab die to win Joy! Love the way you created its colour with your pencils
Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
Anne
Less is More Designer