Friday, August 29, 2014

the deadline. . . . .

for entering the sketch challenge at Stamplorations is today. 



Again, I am hoping to beat the clock and get my card sent in before the challenge ends. 


 

The Hero Arts flowers were colored by dabbing distress ink pads onto the stamp itself and then spritzing water on the stamp.  The tiny dots are a Magenta stamp and were stamped with black ink.  The sentiment is from Stamplorations.  I added some rick rack and gems and a touch of wink of Stella over the flowers.  A Martha Stewart border punch was used on the patterned paper.

Once again, I will also send this to Simon's Wednesday Challenge where anything goes.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

Shery Russ said...

Great stamping, Joyce! Love the watercolor look on those pretty blooms. The scallop border on the left panel is a nice break from all the straight edge borders -- it gives your card that extra feminine feel!

Cat Craig said...

wonderful water color look.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Love your card, Joy! Especially the lace border!

Greta said...

Beautiful way to use the sketch, Joy! I think I have the same Magenta dots stamp & need to pull it out!

Dawn T said...

fabulous Joy. Lovely card.

Lin said...

I love the effect that the overstamped dots gives one of my favorite flower stamps, and the lace edging is just right, Joy! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

LaVon Hall said...

I have a distress dots stamp that I need to pull out, too! I am always afraid of ruining my work with the random splatter method. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card!