Monday, February 21, 2011

BIRTHDAY CARD


Here is a birthday card I made for my youngest grandaughter, Miya.  (pronounced me'-a)  She is going to be seven in March and is part Asian.  I love these Hero Arts Little Japanese Doll stamps.  I chose the one with long hair because Miya's hair is long, too.

The large scalloped nesties made for pretty frames around the image which I colored with Prismacolor pencils and added some Stickles platinum glitter.  A Prima faux flower with gem adorns her hair.  Red stickles around the edge of one nestie and platinum around the other.  The background stamp is from Magenta and the ribbon was sent to me in an exchange.  I then mounted it all on some patterned paper which is attached to a top folded white card.

This is my first time posting a photo of a card; it didn't turn out too badly for my first try.  There isn't any sun today, so I'm sure it would have been better to wait for better light to take the picture.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: