Wednesday, May 11, 2011

COLORED PENCIL CARDS

This week I have been playing with some new stamps I ordered from Hero Arts.  Since one of the challenges at Hero Arts this month is to use colored pencils, I wanted to use the Girl Holding Flowers wood mounted stamp.  And, I wanted to try to color her as a blond and then as a brunette.

For the first card, I pretty much copied the design from Deborah Nolan's recent post on Lily Pad Cards:


Here is my card:



Pretty much self explanatory - patterned paper for the background, a labels die for the sentiment, some of Hero Arts new twine (this is fabulous!!). 

Here is my brunette:



I used the Hero Arts Life of the Party Dots for the background by just stamping it on the cardstock with Versamark ink.  The flower is from Prima with a cute flower brad in the center.  The sentiment is from the Sending Smiles Message clear set. 

This little gal is so cute and a lot of fun to color!

Thanks for visiting. 

3 comments:

Lin said...

The little girls are adorable, Joy, colored so nicely and a great take on Deborah's card!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow, these are both really sweet designs, you did a wonderful job on the coloring, I love it!

Jacqueline said...

Very sweet cute cards Joy!
Joy, I don't know how to e-mail you - I already thanked a different Joy for the card you sent me!!
So I will leave a comment here - just to say a heartfelt thank you for the beautiful Hydrangea card you sent me - it is truly gorgeous and so much appreciated.
Bless you sweet friend!