Monday, August 8, 2011

CHRISTMAS IN AUGUST

Hello!  It's hard to believe it's been almost a month since I have posted anything on my blog!  Let's just say that my life has been super busy and I haven't done any cardmaking for way too long.

The challenge on Simon Says Stamp this week is Christmas in August.  Here is my card:


I created the background by stamping a Studio 490 stamp (Wendy Vecchi) in pine needles distress ink on a white square of cardstock.  Used tumbled glass and broken china distress inks to color the cardstock.  Overstamped a snowflake (Hero Arts) with broken china and then added Stickles glitter on the vine berries.  The Joy stamp from Paper Bag Studios was stamped on white cardstock with broken china ink.  Cut it out and added glitter to the letters and let dry.

I attached a strip of white lace from Hero Arts to the background; then added the sentiment with pop dots and a snowflake brad at the corner.  The whole thing was layered to a 5 x 5 inch white base card.  

Hopefully, I will have more time to get back to stamping now.  Summer will be gone before we know it!  I hope everyone is having a great August!

Thanks for visiting. 

5 comments:

Lin said...

This makes me feel cooler just looking at it, Joy! I've missed your postings, hope you'll be around more now.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Joy I love the overstamping in your background. Such beautiful depth. Thank you for stopping by my "studio". I enjoyed hearing about your Christmas decorations. They sound gorgeous.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

The colors are just gorgeous! Nice card.
Thanks for entering Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
Renee, Simon Says Stamp

Virginia L. said...

This is such a beautiful card, Joy!! So classy and elegant! Love the addition of the white lace!

Britta Swiderski said...

I love the multiple layers that you've done on the background. It adds so much texture and dimention. Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!