Sunday, May 20, 2012

IMAGINATION

Just got some PTI polka dot stamps that I have been wanting for a LONG time.  Decided to use them to make a card for the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which ends tonight at midnight.  Seems I'm always bringing up the rear for most challenges!!  Just been extra busy this past week and the upcoming one promises to be even more so. Here is the card I made:


Sorry for the poor quality of this photo - the light was quickly fading.

With walnut stain distress ink, I stamped large polka dots on a torn book page and layered it to kraft cardstock along with a strip of old sheet music.  Then I stamped a Tim Holtz image in pumice stone along the right side of the card and overstamped the sentiment with walnut stain.  A Tim Holtz butterfly and some medium and small polka dots were heat embossed in gold.  The tiny rickrack was stained with the walnut stain ink. I then layered the panel to dark brown cardstock and a kraft card. 

Truth be told, this is my very favorite kind of card to create.  Just don't have the time to play as much as I would like, I guess.

Thanks for visiting!  


6 comments:

Barb said...

It's beautiful, Joy! I love the wonderful design and neutral color palette!

Lin said...

Gorgeous composition, Joy - love all the many elements - they work so well together!

Dawn T said...

I really like this one Joy. I love the sort of grungy vintage look

Elizabeth Allan said...

Magnificent Joy! Good luck with the challenge and this stunner!

Linda Kunsman said...

A gorgeous vintage card Joy-I love everything about it!

sheila said...

Wow! Love this Joy...l great design and style! A very "cool" looking card