Friday, November 23, 2012

penny black and winter blues





Isn't this happy snowman from Penny Black adorable??   One of my after Christmas purchases from last year and I just had to color him up for the winter blues challenge at CAS-ual Fridays.


The papers are from a DCWV pad with lots of yummy blues.  The sentiment is one of my favorites from Hero Arts.  I did go back and add black enamel to the bird's eye, since I wasn't happy with the way it looked here. I also added a lot of stardust Stickles, just because I could.

Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Barb said...

He's my all-time, favorite snowman! He is just so darn cute and you've colored him beautifully, Joy! Love the addition of that sweet bird - darling card!

Elizabeth Allan said...

The way you have accessorized Snowy is adorable. Wonderful colors!

sweetscrappingma said...

I love this snowman very cute have a great holiday!

Dawn T said...

Super cute Joy. Love the PP you used for your background.

Karen B. said...

Oh how this sweet little guy just makes me smile so! What a great, sweet card! Thanks too for joining in at CAS-ual Fridays!

Brenda said...

This is too adorable Joy! Love the pink cheeks!

walchowDesign said...

Love all the blues on this card, Joy! Beautifully done!

Linda Kunsman said...

this is just the sweetest Joy!! I can see you are really loving creating your winter cards!

Robin K. said...

He's cute as can be Joy!!! Love how you used the little birdie die cut in your scene too!! I wanted to thank you for your kind comments on my recent blog post:).

Maureen Morton said...

This guy is all personality, Joy - especially dressed up in the blues. You've done him up so happy! Love it. Great texture on that birdie.

Judy1223 said...

Joy, I giggle every time I see this snowman! So, SO cute!!! Love him in blue...good luck with the challenge!