Tuesday, September 24, 2013

paper piecing. . . .

is always fun to do and I should remember to do it more often.  Here is a birthday card I made for a friend whose birthday is this week:



I used the Lost & Found Sunshine 6 x 6 pad for the Hero Arts Pom Pom flower stamp.  It kinda' looks like the pretty fall mums I am seeing everywhere now.  I also used liquid enamel dots for the centers and accents on the tabs.  They were made using a Stampin' Up punch I acquired recently. 

This card will be sent over to Word Art Wednesday for their challenge which is anything goes.

Hope your day is a good one!

11 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Good morning, Joy - wow your card is great - those flowers were a work of love and sooo worth it!
Have a great day, Cornelia

Linda Kunsman said...

yes, I was thinking this is such a lovely "fall" card-beautiful Joy!

walchowDesign said...

Lovely card with the three different colours flowers, Joy!

judkajudi said...

you chose great paper for the flowers! Love it!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO pretty, Joy! I love the big flowers and amazing colors. Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by to share your wonderful card in our challenge, please come by again soon. I'd just LOVE to have you share some more of your wonderful art with us.
God bless you!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Dawn T said...

such pretty flowers Joy.

Maureen Morton said...

It is fun, isn't it?! And this card is so perfect with so many great dotty patterns and texture working so well together. Love the tabs! That is a new idea to me. Thanks!

Greta said...

Oh I love the look of this card! Wonderful layout & the flowers are beautiful!

Robin K. said...

These do remind me of mums Joy! And I agree with you about paper piecing! Pretty card!

Carol McCready said...

Great card for fall. They do look like Mums.

Cat Craig said...

Joy, this is lovely!