Sunday, January 4, 2015

birthday balloons. . . .

for my son's birthday:


It is very overcast here today and this photo is so gray!  I am sorry for the poor quality!  It is really a bright white card.  The SSS stamp set is one of my Christmas presents.  I actually got the entire birthday package - stamp sets and dies to match.  Since my new Big Shot has not arrived as yet, I am forced to (gasp) actually make cards using only stamps! 

I stamped the balloons with Brilliance inks and added the strings/bows with a fine tip pen.  The silver stars are stickers from my stash.  I love the tiny black stars in the stamp set.  Strips of DCWV silver glitter paper give a bit of sparkle to the card.

Entering these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Flickr challenge:  new. (occasions, supplies, techniques)
Simon Say Stamp:  anything goes.
Seize the Birthday:  anything goes - PARTY as topping.
Happy Little Stampers:  sketch challenge.


Darnell's NBUS:  anything goes - use your schtuff!


Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

an absolutely delightful card Joy! Sounds like Santa was VERY good to you:)

Becca Cruger said...

There's something about this card that just makes me happy! Loving the bright, fun colors!

Virginia L. said...

It may look simple, but it sure is VERY sophisticated! I am sure your son will cherish this, Joy! I love that you kept the colors fairly neutral for a guy! The added glitter strip are just the perfect touches! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Hope you are staying warm in your Ohio! It's cold here in my part of Canada! Brrr....

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a great card Joy, I'm sure your son will love it! Hazel x

Nancy said...

Super card for your son Joy! I am so glad you linked it up with us at Seize the Birthday...please play along with us again soon!

Donna B. said...

What a fun Birthday card. Love how you stamped the balloons.

Kylie said...

I LOVE this card, Joy. Your use of the sketch is brilliant. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Darnell said...

I adore your CAS birthday card for your son, Joy, and he will adore it, too!! It reminds me of how we made cards in the not-so-long ago, when we just had stamps, ink, and those things called ... what were they called? Oh, yeah! Scissors!! lol! Thank you so much for playing again in my third NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Fun birthday card for your son, Joy! Love the combo of colours and the shimmer and shine from the glitter strips and star stickers. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers.

Theresa's Studio said...

Fun card, Joy! Your son will like. Great choice of colors.
Are you ready for some colder weather?
Hugs!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Fabulous HAPPY card, Joy! I just saw you got top pick at STAMPlorations! Congrats!

cotnob said...

A fabulous card for your son Joy, I bet he loved it, your CAS design is perfect for a male.
Pauline
x

Teresa Kline said...

darlin card, sweet balloons! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine *~*

Greta said...

Maybe it's good you didn't have the Big Shot yet because the look of those balloons is fabulous! I just love this card, Joy, & I bet your son does too! Happy, Happy New Year, my friend!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card Joy perfect for your son, lovely added goodies and design. I meant to email you back in response to the cards, it would at this stage cost too much to post due to our dollar being down so far....maybe in the future would be nice.xxx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}


Carol McCready said...

Great card! I'm sure your son
will love it.

Susan Powell said...

Such a fun card!!!

Cat Craig said...

A perfect birthday card Joy!

OttawaMom said...

Love the birthday balloons and the hint of glimmer paper!! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!