Friday, May 1, 2015

today. . . .

I am a guest designer on the Stamplorations blog. Last month I was the winner of the March challenge and Shery graciously asked me to be a GD this month.  The May challenge is to use stamps and leaves. 



Here is the card I made:


I decided to use Stamplorations "Artplorations" leaf  prints stencil for the leaves of my card.  After sponging through the stencil with MFT's spearmint ink, I die cut the panel using MFT's stitched rectangle die.  The Stamplorations sentiment was stamped with MFT's blueberry bliss dye ink as were the Stamplorations trendy butterflies.   They were then fussy cut and adhered to the panel.  The Mama Elephant scalloped panel was cut from MFT's blueberry bliss cardstock and the card base is MFT's spearmint cardstock.  I brushed the butterflies with the wink of Stella clear glitter pen and added some blue and green glitter dots.

Stamplorations stamps and stencils are one of the most affordable and on trend products around these days!  Check out their awesome blog and website for lots of fun and inspiration!! 

Sending this to:

Simon Says Stamp:  anything goes.

Hope your day is a good one.

14 comments:

Lin said...

What a gorgeous color combination, and I love your mix of these pretty stamps and stencils, Joy! Congrats on the Guest Design gig! I think I "need" that spearpnt ink!

walchowDesign said...

Congrats with your GD spot, Joy! Beautiful colour combination- butterflies blends in so well with your perfect stenciling!

Sari / Granne said...

Fabulous combination of rich blue and green, butterflies looks awesome and love those dots, :=

Sue McRae said...

Congrats on being a guest designer Joy! Love the pretty pattern on the butterflies!

Jerrie said...

What a beautiful card. Love your stenciling and the colors rock!

Virginia L. said...

I love how you used the stencil for the background! Simply gorgeous, Joy! The butterflies with the glitter dots are lovely, too! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Julie B said...

I love the scalloped panel and the fab stenciling on the off set panel. :)

Linda Kunsman said...

congrats on being chosen as a guest designer Joy! You certainly could be one for any of the challenges you submit your beautiful and well executed cards for:) Lovely design and color combo here!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a satunning card Joy - love your use of colour and the design of the card.
I too love STAMPlorations, now I have found them!
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Joy. Such a pretty card.

Becca Cruger said...

I really need to remember to put navy and green together more because it's really lovely! Everything about this is just so happy and summery! Great work!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is such a gorgeous card, Joy! Those butterflies are gorgeous - perfect fuzzy cutting and those enamel dots really make them shine!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful, graphic leaves and those butterflies are gorgeous!

Greta said...

I missed this somehow--congrats on the win & being a GD, Joy! Your card is gorgeous--love the shades of blue & green together! Just saw your GC win--hurrah! Hope you're well. Hugs, Greta