Friday, October 5, 2012

GLIMMER and SPARKLE

For the past two weeks or so, I have been painting ceilings, washing walls and rearranging furniture.  Still have more to do, but decided to take a break and make a card or two.  Actually, I made some birthday cards, but neglected to take photos and have already sent them out :(

This card is for the Simon Says Stamp challenge which calls for glimmer and sparkle. 



This autumn tree from Penny Black is one that I won in the Stamptember celebration at Simon Says Stamp.  I colored the leaves with Prismacolor pencils and then covered them with a Stardust sparkle pen.  And, they really do "glimmer" in real life, but it is hard to see in the photo.  The little "gems" are actually stickers from Stickos that also glimmer a bit. 

Have a great day!

9 comments:

susanne said...

Wow Joy this is a beauty!! I love this stamp and lovve the way you've used it. This is gorgeous!! .. I know what you're going through with the painting and the cleaning .. yikes lots of work. I keep telling myself it's all good exersize and then you get to enjoy all of the results :) Sending you warm wishes, Susanne

Linda Kunsman said...

really lovely fall card Joy! Glad you found time to paint more than walls and ceilings-ugh!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Joy you've captured the beauty of autumn in this design. Wonderful colors and sparkle!

Robin K. said...

Lucky you to win such a great stamp!! You've used it beautifully here!! I'll bet the shimmer is gorgeous irl!! I need to do some painting this winter and am dreading it- I know it's all worth it in the end but it's such a job!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful card Joy. Glad you took a break to create this. It is just so lovely. I know how sparkley those pens are. It really is hard to see in photos.

Judy1223 said...

Wow, Joy, this card is a shimmery beauty! Glad you were able to take a break from painting and cleaning to make a card...I'm sure it all looks great!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful autumn card, Joy!

Virginia L. said...

This is just delightful, Joy! Love the shimmer and shine! Beautifully done!Hope you are enjoying the fall weather! HUGS!

Jacqueline said...

I was wondering where you were - painting ceilings??! Your card is just beautiful!