Saturday, December 8, 2012

triangle trees . . . .

covered with baker's twine were the basis of a tag made by Teri Anderson for Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist challenge.  Each day from December 1 - 12, there is a tag featured on The Classroom blog.  Teri's tag was on Day 6.

Here is the tag I made which was inspired by Teri's tag:



First, I glued some of Penny Black's Madison paper to the tag.  I tore white cardstock to make some snowbanks for the tree to sit on and added some turquoise glitter to outline them.  The tree was adorned with pearls and gems from Hero Arts and a Martha Stewart punched snowflake was added to the top of the tree.

Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

Lin said...

CUTE!! Love the blues :))

Judy1223 said...

Joy, what a great idea! I would never think to use my twine like this but I will now! The blues are just gorgeous...so soft and pretty!

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous tag, Joy! I love how you used the twine to create a tree and embellished it with gemstones and pearls!

Virginia L. said...

Love this, Joy! I like how neat your twines are tied up! The layering and background are superb! Beautiful inspired work!

Karen B. said...

This is so gorgeous, I really love the way you've worked with the twine.

Maureen Morton said...

OH my! I, too, was so inspired by Teri's trees. Can't wait to try them. You did a great job and the colors are perfect for a wintery scene. Love this!

Dawn T said...

stunning Joy. Your twine wrapped tree is perfect. What a great choice of colours as well.

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful tag, Joy! Love the blue theme and your tree looks perfectly twined!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love your tree all wrapped in the festive twine!