Friday, March 27, 2015

birthday cards. . . .

are something we always need to have on hand to send to friends and family, aren't they?  Here is another one I made recently:


The Memory Box butterfly die is one I have had for awhile and never used.  The doily was sent to me by a friend and the little flowers with gems in them were purchased at Hobby Lobby in Parker CO.  (never used them either).  I made the watercolor background for some ATC's and had a panel left over, so I used MFT's stitched rectangle die to cut it out.  The butterfly was brushed with some clear wink of Stella.

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp:  anything goes.
Seize the Birthday:   anything goes with no toppings.
Sweet Sunday Sketch:  sketch #261.



NBUS:  never before used schtuff.


Don't we all have stuff we had to have and have never used??  I am slowly trying to use things that I have received as gifts or that I have been lucky enough to win since the holidays.  There is just not enough time in the day to do all that I want to do. 

Have a good day and a great weekend!!  <3

17 comments:

Theresa's Studio said...

Another lovely card, Joy! Great use of your NBUS!

Lin said...

So pretty, Joy! I love the colors and the elemets you put together for this card - it makes me smile!

Carol McCready said...

This is a gorgeous card. I love everything about it; the background, the doily, butterfly, flowers and sentiment.

My new goal is not to by anything new until I make a dent in my stash.
I don't know how I'm going to be able to reach it.

Jacee said...

This is so pretty Joy, love how you have used the doily and the butterfly is lovely, a fabulous card
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

walchowDesign said...

The watercolour background is very effective and love the added doily and butterfly!

Cindy C. said...

It's beautiful Joy!

Barb Ghig said...

Your water colored background is so pretty and I love how you paired the doily with the butterfly! Really gorgeous card, Joy!

Kara Lynne said...

You are so right, I have so many more ideas than I have time in the day! Your card is so gorgeous! I love that intricate butterfly and the background colors are amazing!

Greta said...

Crisp, fresh, gorgeous card! This is one of my favorites, Joy!

OttawaMom said...

Beautiful card! The flowers and butterfly are so pretty against that delicate doily and background. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Cat Craig said...

Joy this is so delicately pretty!

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card!

Robin K. said...

Really pretty card Joy!! Doesn't it feel great to use that NBUS??!!

Darnell said...

That's so true, Joy, not enough hours in the day! Gosh, your card is so feminine and pretty! I love blues and greens, so I'm swooning over this beauty! Thank you for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #4!! Hugs, Darnell

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Joy! It's so elegant and pretty and I love the background.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Hugs
Mandy xx

Becca Cruger said...

Joy this is LOVELY!!! It's so quintessentially within your design schema, too! I would know it was a Joy card from a mile away. :)

Anni said...

Wow, love the watercolor panel behind the doily! Looks fabulous!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
Anni