Friday, February 28, 2014

a pink owl. . . .

for my granddaughter, Miya's, birthday next week.  She still loves pink and I love this cute owl from Hero Arts:




The owl was stamped with Ranger raspberry distress ink.  I masked it off and stamped the tiny polka dot background (an old Hero Arts wood mount stamp) over it before die cutting it.  The patterned paper is from DCWV and I dry embossed it with a hearts folder.  

A slightly different take on the angled look here, due to stamping the sentiment a bit off kilter.  I had in my mind to use googly eyes for the owl, but couldn't find my package of them anywhere in my studio!!  So, I made it more girly by just adding iridescent gems.  The sequin-like flowers are some ancient embellies from Hero Arts and I added a tiny gem to the centers.  I also used my Sakura sparkle pen on the owl's feathers, but it doesn't show in the photo.

Sending this to the Hero Arts birthday challenge (anything goes).

Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

This is such a cute card Joy, your owl is delightful.

Linda Kunsman said...

I'm sure Miya will just love this sweet pink card Joy!!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, I just LOVE this owl! This card is 'perfect' for a girl who loves pink...I'm sure your granddaughter is going to love it, too!

Chrisboldo said...

Oh My this is sooo darn cute! I love owls though :)

Hugs
Chris B
http://thecardphilelady.blogspot.com