Thursday, February 6, 2014

Mojo Monday sketch challenge. . . .


I actually found time to make some more cards this week and here is the one I made for Mojo Monday:



The heart dies were sent to me by Betty with her CCC card.  As soon as I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to use these hearts.  I added a Stampendous border stamp to the left side of the pink one and outlined the two largest ones with glitter.  I covered the small one with glitter.  It is so hard to photograph glitter, especially when the weather is so gloomy!!

I debossed the banner shaped piece and embossed the large red heart.  I stamped another Stampendous border along the sides of the bottom patterned paper layer.   The doily pieces were cut from a vintage square doily and the adore tag is Tim Holtz.  Some gold sequins for a little bling.

Also sending this over to Simon's Wednesday challenge and Simon's Monday challenge.

Enjoy your day!


10 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Joy! Love all the layers and texture! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Betty said...

love what you did with the hearts i sent you - the embossing and the stamping put them on another level - so cool.

walchowDesign said...

Lovely V.card with so many different shapes of layers, Joy!

Brenda said...

Ooh, that's a lot of layers Joy! I would definitely have chickened out but you did an awesome interpretation!

Cat Craig said...

Oh Joy, what a lovely layered take on the sketch. It is just perfect!

Terri Kahrs said...

So lovely, Joy!!! I do have a "fondness" for hearts!!! :-) Thanks so much for stopping by to visit and your lovely comment! Sending warm hugs, Terri ♥

Rosemary said...

what a fantastic take on the sketch, joy! all the layering and texture is just amazing!

Dawn Turley said...

love the layers and texture on this. great card Joy

Greta said...

Beautiful combination of images--great use of the sketch!

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fabulous card, do love all those hearts.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv