Tuesday, September 13, 2011

SEPTEMBER CCC

The weeks are going by way too quickly  for me - I almost forgot to get a card made for the Lily Pad's monthly card chain challenge. 



I went with the friendship theme again - just using some pretty fall colors of distress inks to do a resist background over the Hero Arts positive and negative flowers.  These remind me of all the beautiful chrysanthemums you see during the autumn months.

The distress ink colors I used were bundled sage, fired brick and rusty hinge, with walnut stain to darken the edges a bit.  The sentiment is also Hero Arts and I added some pretty orange gems for some bling.

Hope your day is a blessed one!

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

awesome card..love the layering of your flowers...

Thanks for stopping by and entering my blog candy..
Good Luck

Dawn T said...

fabulous Joy. I too still have to do a card for this... must get busy

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, joy... love the gorgeous fall colors you used! thanks for your sweet comment, i really appreciate it!! smiles!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful card, Joy! You've executed these two stamps beautifully together!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Joy, love your gorgeous card--the fall colors are very pretty.