Saturday, September 17, 2011

SQUARE SKETCH



There's still time to enter the square sketch challenge in the Moxie Fab World. Deadline is September 19th.  Here is my take on the sketch:



The Hero Arts ruffled flower was white embossed and then color was added with distress inks in wild honey, spiced marmalade and fired brick using the Ranger inking tool.  Hero Arts French Post was overstamped  with fired brick distress ink with some water spots added.  This 4" square was layered to a 4.25" square that was created with fired brick ink and both were layered to a 4.5" gold base card.  Walnut stain ink was used to darken all edges of the squares.  The Hero Arts sentiment was adhered with dimensional foam dots.  I added some Hero Arts pearls and cut a notch in the end. 

Recently I won a giveaway on Paper Crafts Connection and the Card Ideas Magazine was one of my prizes.  It is full of wonderful cards made from sketches and will be a big help to me when designing cards in the future.  Thanks, Paper Crafts Connection!!

Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

susanne said...

I love the beautiful depth you've created with your layers of warm colour and water spots! Gorgeous! :) Thanks so much for asking Joy, I am fine. If I seem to disappear for awhile, it's because I am still getting home a little later from work. Sending you warm wishes :)

Barb said...

Pretty card, Joy! Love your beautiful background! The flower looks wonderful embossed in white!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Joy. Lovely distressed background.

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

So pretty, Joy!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Wonderful array of colors Joy. I love that you offset the flower in the corner.

Virginia L. said...

Wowee, Joy! This is such a BEAUTIFUL take of the sketch! Your choice of stamp and colors are spot on! Thanks so much for the pearls of wisdom about submissions. Dr. John read all the comments in my blog about the pub and he totally agrees with what you wrote :) Enjoy your PC giveaway win! You must be the SPECIAL one to win that!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Joy! Thanks for linking this up to the Square Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

sheila said...

love these colors Joy! and love your placement of the flower. congrats on your win!