Monday, January 16, 2012

NEW STAMPS

Two of my newest stamps are from LaBlanche.  I love to color these detailed stamps and use distress inks to enhance the backgrounds.  The first one was a birthday present:



I colored this adorable little girl with Prismacolor pencils.  Used several colors of distress inks for the background.  Added a pretty flourish stamp to the background randomly.  Some Stickles glitter for the centers of the flowers and around the edges of the piece, too.  Punched two butterflies from the pink polka dot paper and touched them with the glitter, also.

The second card was done in pretty much the same way as the first:



The sentiment is from a new 2012 Hero Arts clear set.  And, I used some dew drops of which I have entirely too many, for embellishment.  Gotta' remember to use them occasionally.

By the way, 9 times out of 10 I use Versafine onyx black ink to stamp my images.  I love this ink!  It is great for detailed stamps.  And, did you know that you can use watercolor with this ink??  You don't have to heat set it at all.

I enjoyed making both of these cards so much - hope you like them. 

Thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Lovely images, Joy - beautifully colored! - Both cards are so pretty! :)

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Joy. The La Blanche stamps are so beautifully detailed. I too use the Versafine when water colouring. It really does give a great image.

Rosemary said...

what lovely cards, joy!! thanks for your sweet comments!

sheila said...

Stunning Joy! I love both these stamps and what you did with them is just gorgeous! They are just lovely....and your coloring is perfect!

Judy1223 said...

Joy, both of these cards are precious! Your coloring is amazing, and the images are so sweet...well done!