Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine Card Exchange

Anita Rex on the Hero Arts Flickr group organized a Valentine card exchange.  My card was sent to Cornelia and she has let me know that she received it.  So, here is the card:




I love this new Hero Arts newsprint bird!!!  I heat embossed it in red Brilliance ink and then added some tea dye distress ink over it to age it a bit.  The sentiment and small heart are from the new XO clear set and were heat embossed, too.  The papers are from the Basic Grey 6 x 6 Kissing Booth pad.  I used a scallop border die from My Favorite Things and the lace is from Hero Arts.  Also added a rhinestone eye and some Stickles diamond glitter. 

Hope your day is fabulous!

7 comments:

Barb said...

What a fun card for Cornelia, Joy! Love that bird too, and your big scallops with the xoxo and lace look so pretty!

CinnamonSally said...

Such a cute card Joy, love that pretty bird background paper shows off the newsprint bird perfectly!!

sheila said...

Such a fun card Joy...and love the paper you have chosen!

Linda Kunsman said...

what a sweet card! Love all the new HA stamps but I must pace myself with the shopping :):)The little bidie paper you used is darling too.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow! What a really beautiful card! Love all the mixes of fresh pink and red!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Joy! I love that newsprint bird. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Stamp It! 3 Ways Blog Hop!

Judy1223 said...

Joy, I'll bet Cornelia loved this card! That newsprint bird looks so sweet in red, and I love the sparkly gem for the eye! Great pairing with the patterned paper, too!