Friday, November 29, 2013

Christmas Joy. . . .

I have a lot of "Joy" stamps.  In fact, I have a four shelf unit that is full of them.  And, now there are several more clear/cling sets that include them. 



I decided to use this beautiful Penny Black stamp for a few Christmas cards, paired with the sentiment from Hero Arts.  I also used some patterned paper from the 6x6 MME Merry Little Christmas pad.  It has some very pretty pastel prints in it.  The scalloped die is from PTI.  I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and  added some Stickles glitter.  The red and white baker's twine and tiny red gems were all the embellishment it needed.  I knotted the ends of the twine - a trick I've seen Julie Ebersole use several times.  (love that gal!)

Sending this over to Simon Says Stamp for their anything goes challenge.

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Lin said...

Joy, I ADORE your sweet bluebirds! Have pinned this - your design is fabulous, and it may be lifted for some of my own Christmas cards!

Linda Kunsman said...

what a really beautiful card Joy-you have a great eye for composition and color!!

Cat Craig said...

Joy, this is so lovely. Your birds and bright sentiment are wonderful to gaze upon.

Dawn T said...

STUNNING Joy. I really love this one. It's just perfect in my eyes!

Greta said...

Everything about this card is wonderful! Love it, Joy!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, joy!

debby4000 said...

What a wonderful card, such a beautiful image and my favourite colour combo too .

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv

Debby

walchowDesign said...

Love the brightness and the cheerfulness of this card, Joy!

Maureen Morton said...

I love Julie, too! Such a kick and full of great ideas. These birds are so darn darling - great coloring, too. I love this card - a joyful favorite.

judkajudi said...

Joy, I love that PB bird image and you have really showcased it! This is a perfect Christmas card.

About those rolls mentioned by my son on my blog ... it's a family tradition at holiday time ...

Secret recipe using S..., mixed with onion and pepper and tucked into yeast dough and backed. Some people are horrified at the ingredients, but they are yummy!

Shhhhh... I told you it's a secret.