Wednesday, February 6, 2013

a lavender valentine. . . .

is what my card for the new Muse challenge blog turned out to be.  Not intentionally - somehow it just happened. 



I knew that I wanted to use the layout of the card  that Laurie Willison provided for our  muse and turn it around to a landscape design.  And, I wanted to use this beautiful Magenta heart, which is one of my oldest stamps.  I adore this wood mounted stamp!  I also used one of my newest stamps - the Hero Arts dots background.  The sentiment is  from Hero Arts, too.  A punched heart, some bling and purple Stickles were added for a bit of sparkle.

Thanks for visiting.

15 comments:

walchowDesign said...

such a lovely lavendar card, Joy! Love the stamp!

Gillian R said...

Lovely card, that heart stamp is beautiful

Robin K. said...

Love all the purpley goodness Joy! That heart is lovely!!

Lisa said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous shade of purple Joy! What a pretty card!

Cindy C. said...

So lovely!

Barb said...

Love all the pretty purple shades, Joy! Such a beautiful card!

Dawn T said...

lovely card Joy. Love the colour

Maureen Morton said...

This lilac color is so unique and perfect! And, because I've seen you use this background stamp so beautifully, I finally bought it (even tho I've said no more wood!). This is just too dear, Joy!

Janice said...

Ahhhh purple, my favorite color. Love the heart!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Great idea to turn your card to be landscape. Beautiful color choice too! So glad you played along at Muse!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Great idea to turn your card to be landscape. Beautiful color choice too! So glad you played along at Muse!

Laurie said...

I love that you turned the layout! Great idea! Thanks for playing at Muse this week!

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card, I love the purple.

maureenjscott said...

A beautiful card! Love the purple - my fav colour - it really suits this card! And glitter - has to be on all my cards! lovely, mo xxx

Brenda said...

Ooh, that heart is absolutely stunning Joy!