Wednesday, February 13, 2013

nancy maxwell james . . . .

is a multi-talented mixed media artist and I absolutely adore her beautiful creations.  For the first 14 days of February she has been sharing some LOVE-ly projects for free on her blog.

Yesterday I spent some time making a few tags inspired by Nancy's work.  Here is one of them:

 
 
 
 
and here is another:




I used old book and music pages, old wallpaper samples, vintage seam bindings (dyed the teal one with distress ink) and various other items.  You would not believe the mess I make when I start pulling out collage sheets, images, ephemera, lace, buttons, etc.!!  But, I must say it is so much fun and I wish I had more time to just play. . .

Hope your day is filled with things that make you happy!

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful tags, Joy.
Hasn't Nancy's series been fun!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Joy
both your tags are stunning! I love the colors so much! thanks for playing!

Nancy

walchowDesign said...

Both tags are beautiful, Joy! Love the second one, I don't why perhaps it's more feminine.

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Joy your tags are so beautifully made.
Anni

Sandi McLean said...

gorgeous tags! I too adore Nancy's projects and am having so much fun! Thanks for coming by my way. Have a lovely day!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautifully tags Joy! Love the vintage collage theme for Valentine's Day.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Your tags came out gorgeous,Joy.Love them.
TFS and Happy Valentines Day.
Hugs,
Marie

Dawn T said...

Stunning tags Joy. Great vintage looking tags.

Gaby Bee said...

Both tags are enchanting!

Happy Valentines Day!

Gaby xo

Dorthe said...

Your tags are so beautiful Joy, I also loved following dear Nancy`s 14 hearts, and misses it now it ended :-)
Dorthe

Linda Kunsman said...

gorgeous tags Joy!!!

PetraB said...

Gorgeous tags, love all the little elements you used to create them

Maureen Morton said...

My jaw is dropping, Joy! How amazed I am at this stunning work. Love, love, love these art pieces - great vintage style and each one has such personality. I never knew you did this type of project - can't get over it! So fine!