Sunday, February 10, 2013

a love song. . . . .

which was first copyrighted in 1923!!  I was looking through a music book of love songs for some inspiration for a couple of challenges and was surprised by this fact. The copyright was renewed in 1951 and again in 1968.


Love song is the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays.  And the one of the challenges at Hero Arts this month is love and lace.



Here is my card:


The leafy vine is one of the prettiest new stamps I've seen this year and I actually have it in the woodblock version.  (Love me some wood!!)  The sentiment is from year round sentiments.  I stamped the vine in picked raspberry distress ink.  I colored white cardstock with the same inkpad and punched out the hearts.  After popping them up randomly on the vines, I covered them in diamond Stickles.  Some HA pink gems were added, too.  The panel was mounted on black and then to Bo Bunny paper.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday.




10 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Wowee, Joy! I ADORE the gorgeous colors!!!! Your added hearts on this leafy Vine Stamp are darling! This is one stunning card if I may add! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Judy1223 said...

Oh, Joy, this is magnificent! I have that new leafy vine stamp at the top of my shopping cart...I must have it, this card is the reason why! GORGEOUS!!! I love how versatile your card is...you could really add any sentiment and it would be beautiful!

Karen Dunbrook said...

Lovely Joy.....

Lin said...

What a beautiful combination of that stamp and the little hearts and gems - pickled raspberry is top of my list!

Linda Kunsman said...

gorgeous card Joy!! I love how the sparkly hearts pop off the card!

walchowDesign said...

Wow! You have that stamp, Joy! It's on my list and you created a lovely card with it!

CinnamonSally said...

Joy this is such a beautiful card, love how you have used that new stamp!

Robin K. said...

This looks like a winner to me Joy!!!!!!! Love everything about it! And the way you photographed it is perfect!!!!

Maureen Morton said...

This has such grace and style, Joy! Wow - so stunning. Love the photography, too. You love wood, and I keep saying no more of them for me. Funny.

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning ... love that vine stamp and the dimension of the popped up hearts and the bling! Anita in France :)