Tuesday, February 26, 2013

more fun. . . .

with my Gelli Arts mono-printing plate.  Some of you said that you have not heard of this before.  It is used more for mixed media projects.  If you search for videos on YouTube there are many that show you how to use it and where to buy one.  There are also several online classes being offered to show you how to use it.  Personally, I am just experimenting on my own.  There's no right or wrong way and it isn't rocket science!

Basically, it is a gelatin plate that you brayer paint(s) over and use various objects to create designs in the paint.  Then you lay paper on the plate, rub the back gently and pull the paper off to reveal your print.  A second sheet of paper will give you a lighter (ghost) print and is, almost always, my favorite of the two.

Here are more papers that I made over the weekend:






And, here is a card and two ATC's that I made using portions of some of the papers:





On the card, I used a Versamark pen to outline portions of the flower created by a stencil and heat embossed it in gold.  I also used a white gel pen to add dots to the petals of the flower.  Hero Arts pearls were added, too.

The ATC's were cut to size and stamped with images using Stazon ink.  I also used a Memory Box bird die on one and some gold Stickles on the other. 

Due to the weather, my friend and I did not get together last week, so we are hoping to do so this Friday.  I will hopefully have more papers to show you then.  (you have probably seen enough already!!)

Thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

Greta said...

Thanks for the explanation, Joy! I was wondering what it was, too. Very unique & beautiful results. Love the creations you made with the papers!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, this Gelli art is incredible, Joy! I love what you did with it. The gold embossing really brings out the details in the background! I look forward to seeing more.

walchowDesign said...

Have heard about this technique before but thought it was too difficult. Such a great way to make your own bg pp and love all the texture which pops out!

Great job, Joy!

Linda Kunsman said...

fantastic papers and projects Joy!!! I knew you'd love this plate :):)

Dawn T said...

what a lovely set of ATC's you made with your backgrounds. It is a fun looking technique.

Maureen Morton said...

Thanks for sharing more of this amazing technique, Joy! You have it mastered and get such great depths of color. And you have used these wonderful papers so effectively with this beautiful card and fun ATC's. Love this style - so artsy and funky.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Joy your Geli Art samples are wonderful. So fun to see the papers you created in the two ATC's?