Wednesday, February 20, 2013

warning. . . .

this post is rather lengthy.

Thanks to inspiration from an online friend of many years, Linda Kunsman, I succumbed and purchased a Gelli Arts monoprinting plate and have had some fun playing with it and wanted to share some pics of the papers I made.

First, some turquoise paint:


Next, some magenta:


And then some blueberry:


Some pink:


You can see where some of the paints mingled - which creates some really pretty results.   I used stencils and sequin scrim to make patterns in the paints.  I am going to have a play date with a friend this week and we will be experimenting with a lot of other items to see what happens.   I particularly love the "ghost" prints (second pulls) because they are usually more soft and muted.

Now for a card that I made using a few of the papers I made:


I am entering this one in the Dynamic Duos challenge for turquoise and black.  I do realize that there are hints of other colors here; but it reads turquoise and black to me!



A second card:



Here I've used the pretty butterfly stamp from Hero Arts with a Martha Stewart border punch.

These papers are great for art journal backgrounds, collage, handmade book covers, ATC's - you name it!  My Gelli plate is the 6x6 size, but it also comes in 8x10. 

If you are still here, thanks for visiting!






17 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

Wow - this is over the top, Joy! I need to learn more about this great-looking technique. You are going to have to share more....love it!

Lisa said...

These are so fabulous Joy! I have to say I have never heard of this printing plate before, but the results are so fun! You could do so many things with this :)
Love your cards too!!

Lin said...

Joy, this is all new to me - what lovely results. Can't wait to get home so you can show me these in person!

Bobbie said...

WOW! Such a pretty technique that leads to a one of a kind card! Thanks for sharing with the Dynamic Duos.

Anita Rex said...

Wow those paints created such gorgeous results!

sheila said...

wow Joy....this is really cool. I LOVE the papers that you have made. I have never heard of this product/technigue but it is beyond cool....I WISH WE LIVED CLOSER SO I COULD COME OVER AND PLAY!!!!!!!!

Linda Kunsman said...

FABULOUS prints Joy!!!! Your ears must've been ringing away-I had just yesterday mentioned to LuAnn that you got a gelli plate and how we were both anxious to see your prints(which we knew would be yummy)!! Too bad we live so far from you...at least we have cyberspace :)

Jenny Engelke said...

This looks like such fun to play with! You've come up with some interesting and pretty papers! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

Dawn T said...

what a fun product Joy. I had to google it to find out exactly what is was... great papers.

Amy White said...

Very pretty cards - those backgrounds work brilliantly! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

Amy White said...

Very pretty cards - those backgrounds work brilliantly! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a beautiful technique! I love all of the different backgrounds you created. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

Robin K. said...

Never heard of these paints before! All your creations are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Love this! I've never heard of this product, but I wanna know more! Please continue to post your techniques and projects that use this stuff!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, these are amazing, Joy! I've never heard of this Gelli product either. They look like mixed media. Thanks so much for sharing!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

great techniques, thanks for sharing
bibiana
visit me at My Personal blog: http://stampingwithbibiana.blogspot.com/

LuAnn Kessler said...

JOY......Your Gelli prints are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I am so inspired to create more of them!!!!!
Thank you for the inspiration!!!!