Tuesday, October 8, 2013

a few dots. . . .

for the current Simon Says Wednesday Challenge blog:



I need several thank you cards, so I am trying to get them done before I leave for North Carolina.  If you watched Vicky's video on Sunday, this card was inspired by her card.  I really liked her design and wanted to try to make one in a similar way.  The patterned paper is from MME's 6x6 Market pad.  There are some tiny dots in the paper used for the frame and the leaves were paper pieced with the same paper.  The flowers were stamped on a semi-solid sheet of this paper and I added some extra color with a Prismacolor pencil here and there.

Thanks for visiting!


10 comments:

judkajudi said...

I'm not sure Bloglovin is letting me know about your blog posts! I've missed several. I love this card.. the leaves matching the frame is such a perfect touch!! Happy and safe travels!!

Lin said...

Love this combination of dies, patterns, and stamps, Joy! So glad you joined us again at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Maureen Morton said...

This is precious, Joy......love it all. The frame idea is such a great one and the way you tied in the dots with the leaves is genius.

Carol McCready said...

Beautiful card Joy. I should
be working on my TY cards,
but instead I'm surfing blogland.

Virginia L. said...

ADORE this so much. To me, this should be PUBLISHED, Joy!

Greta said...

Oh I think this is one of my favorites of your cards, Joy--love it!

walchowDesign said...

Sorry, I missed this post! This card is such a beauty and the pp matches so well together, Joy!

Emily Leiphart said...

Really gorgeous! Love the window, flowers, plaid background... everything!

Cat Craig said...

Joy, what a super card. Your colors and patterns work together beautifully.

Brenda said...

What a beautiful design and stunning colour palette Joy!