Tuesday, October 8, 2013

more dots and a photo share. . . .

one more thank you card and entry for the SSS Wednesday challenge blog:


I used the same MME 6x6 Market pad for this card and only one stamp from the Hero Arts many thanks stamp set.  I love polka dots and this paper has some pretty designs on some of the sheets that are easy to incorporate into a card.  The Prima flower is actually the same color as the dots but didn't photograph as such!  :(

Last week, I drove to Parkersburg WV to have a pajama party with three gals who graduated with me from high school.  Two of them drove from VA and the other was gracious enough to have us as her guests.


The others had been there since Sunday and I arrived on Tuesday. (I'm the only one who no longer colors her hair!)   We drove to a very nice outlet mall for the day and then back to Barb's house for an evening of sharing memories, photos and lots of laughs!!  I had not seen these gals for at least 25 years, and it just seemed like we picked up where we left off so many years ago!  We stayed up late and woke up to the smell of bacon.  After a very hearty breakfast we loaded up our cars and headed back home.  This was such a fun event and we are planning another for the same time next year.  BTW:  We graduated in 1956!!  Yes, I am ancient. . .

Have a good day and I'll see you again in a week or so!





17 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Cute card Joy!

Barb said...

Oh, Joy, what a neat memory - I love seeing old friends - must have been amazing to see them all after 25 years - how FUN!!

Love your adorable, dotty card!

Carol McCready said...

Lovely card.

Looks like all of you had a great
time. Fantastic picture.

Robin K. said...

What a great photo Joy!! There's something about being with people who knew you "way back when", isn't there?! I keep in touch with a few of my.bff's from high school and although we don't get to see each other often we're always able to pick up right where we left off:). Love your dotty card!

Judy1223 said...

Joy, your card and your photos made me smile! Love your ditty card, so cute! Also love hearing about your reunion with old friends...how cool is that!

Judy1223 said...

I meant to say "dotty" card, not ditty!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--how exciting to meet your friends from high school! Great picture! Love the colors & design of your card!

Dawn T said...

great card Joy and what a delightful photo of you all. My goodness, you don't look that old...

Linda Kunsman said...

such a delightful card Joy! And oh, what fun to reunite with your friends with a pajama party-love the photo of you all together!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, what fun? I have been friends with two gals since the third grade, they are true friendships....we have stood the test of time. So glad you where able to have this opportunity. Have a fabulous week!

enjoy *~*

walchowDesign said...

Lovely card, Joy! It must have been fun to see them after such a long time. Great picture!

Emily Leiphart said...

Your card is beautiful! I love all the red and the rays coming out from behind the sentiment. How fun it must've been to see your friends all together! Thanks for sharing the lovely photo and story!

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful paper selection. Sounds like you had fun.

Maureen Morton said...

Love your story and seeing the joy on your face! I didn't like high school, so I want no memories of it! Ha! Your dotty card is adorable.....maybe one day will be selected from the hundreds........Thanks for sharing.

Brenda said...

A PJ party, sounds like fun after 25 years! Love that polka dot paper and that sweet little bird Joy!

Virginia L. said...

Aren't old friends the BEST? You look so very fine along with your high school friends! And BTW you are not ancient, you are just mature beyond the years!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Joy, so glad to see you come over and visit my blog again - I have the same problem - there is just too much out there and I can't visit everybody anymore....Your cards are delightful as always and I see you have now quite a lot of followers - does not surprise me - you make beautiful cards!

Get together with old friends - what could be better? I love the idea of a pajama party for adults - may have to copy that.....

Love, Cornelia