Thursday, October 24, 2013

another Christmas card. . . .

for my collection.  I loved this Hero Arts stamp set when it came out last year, but didn't get it.  Found it at Michael's on sale a month or so ago - yippee!  Of course the matching dies were not with it, but it is actually very easy to cut out:



I used Penny Black's Madison paper pad and a cuttlebug embossing folder. Some red Stickles glitter glue for the berries and I added a Starburst glitter pen over the green and red colored portions.  Very hard to see in a photo.

I will send this to the current Hero Arts challenge.

Hope your day is a good one.  It is a chilly fall day in Ohio, but the sun is shining and that makes it better for me.  :)

15 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

This is so cute - I love that sentiment :)

CinnamonSally said...

My favourite HA Christmas stamp Joy and you have created a cute card with it.

Maureen Morton said...

Same with me - I wanted it last year but didn't feel I should buy it. Now I have it, since it was on sale......hope it never goes out of style. You have rocked him - great background and design!

Greta said...

This is way too cute, Joy! So glad you found that stamp--you knew just what to do with it!

Barb said...

Absolutely adorable, Joy! Love that sweet snowman! I think I need to get him out to play soon!

Cat Craig said...

He s so cute!

Cat Craig said...

He s so cute!

Lin said...

He is the perfect snowman! Love the effect your background embossing has with him - great card with the reds!!

judkajudi said...

Joy, I love that snow guy, too!! But I don't have him in my stash! Have to stay out of Michael's for awhile ... did some shopping on our trip!! Love this card!! So many neat details to make that snow guy pop!!

Brenda said...

Oh yes, he is a real cutie! I wish we had white Christmasses here so that I could use Snowmen and snowflakes, but no such luck!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so cute, Joy! I love that embossed background in the window!

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous Christmas card Joy, such an adorable snowman and lovely papers.
Pauline
x

Arlene said...

So cute - feels like someone is going to receive a fabulous gift!

Robin K. said...

He's just the cutest snowman Joy! Glad you were able to get him on sale:)

Carol McCready said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous. The background looks like material.