Thursday, October 17, 2013

an autumn birthday card. . . .

for my son:



I love fall and the beautiful colors to be seen everywhere you look this time of year.  I made the background of this card using distress inks spritzed with water on a craft sheet. The trees were heat embossed.  This is one of my favorite tree stamps - I have quite a few in my collection.

We had a lovely trip to North Carolina.  Lots of eating, shopping, eating, visiting and, did I mention eating?  I don't think I need to eat anything for at least a month!

Thanks for stopping by.

Sending this card over to Word Art Wednesday.

13 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful autumn birthday card for your son, Joy! I love your distressed background and the tree stamp is perfect against it!

Barb said...

Gorgeous background, Joy! Beautiful card!

Maureen Morton said...

A soon to be family heirloom, Joy! Beautiful colors and great image....perfect for your son. Love that you had a fun (and stuffing) adventure.

Brenda said...

I love those colours Joy! And those trees, so beautiful!

Greta said...

Glad you're home safe & sound after your great time renewing friendships. This card is gorgeous & perfect for a guy's birthday! I have a lot of tree stamps, too--can never have too many, I say!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous colours Joy.

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful autumn card for your dear son, Joy! Glad that you had a great time!

Linda Kunsman said...

Glorious autumnal card Joy! Glad you had such a wonderful time in Carolina.

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card Joy, such a fabulous background and embossed image.
Pauline
x

Barb Ghig said...

What a gorgeous card, Joy! It actually looks like an autumn painting! Beautiful inking on your background and the trees are perfect for a masculine theme!
Welcome back from vacay...so glad you had fun!

Virginia L. said...

Perfect card for your dear son, Joy! The inking on the background is beautiful! Happy to see that you had a great time with the family in N. Carolina!

sheila said...

what a lovely card. I think the color here is so rich and warm looking ...oerfect for a fall birthday. Your son will love it I 'm sure.

Carol McCready said...

Beautiful card, love that background. I'm sure your son will
love it.