Friday, October 25, 2013

orange, purple and black. . . .

for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge:


The leaves are Tim's tattered leaves die, the sentiment is from Impression Obsession and the faint background leaf stamp is from Hero Arts.  (I glued two of the small ones together and popped it up for a bit of dimension in the middle.) 

To make the leaves, I used the sponge applicator tool to apply distress inks (spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon and tea dye) to white cardstock.  Then I die cut the leaves.  Added walnut stain around the edges.  Using the applicator tool, I tapped just the edge of it on the walnut pad and then made some marks on the leaves for the veins.  Some flicks of water added more distressing to the leaves.  A narrow strip was trimmed from the bottom front of the card and black cardstock was added to the bottom inside.

Thanks for visiting and welcome to the new followers of my blog!  Have a great weekend.

13 comments:

Brenda said...

Those leaves look so real Joy! What a spectacular card!

Lin said...

They look amazingly real, Joy! My favorite kind of card!!

walchowDesign said...

My goodness, those leaves look so real, Joy! Beautifully distressed!

Maureen Morton said...

Perfect fall card - loving' those leaves! Have a great weekend, Joy.

Emily Leiphart said...

Absolutely stunning, Joy! Those leaves look real. Now I want those dies!

Linda Kunsman said...

Boy , you are really on top of the SS challenges and your cards are always standouts too!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

fantastic card...wow....love it!!

Greta said...

Fabulous design, Joy! I was just about to get out my Tattered Leaves & you've really inspired me! Love the water splotches & how you made the veins--genius!

Cat Craig said...

Great ideas for the leaves. Thanks for sharing your process. Wonderful card Joy.

Arlene said...

Beautiful - the colors are so vibrant.

Robin K. said...

Oh those leave are amazing! So realistic looking!!

Jingle said...

This is so very pretty! The leaves look amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Carol McCready said...

Gorgeous card. The leaves look so real.